Have you ever experienced a time when something great happened to you that was totally unexpected? Of course you have! We serve a God who is full of blessings and surprises. That is what this year’s conference is going to explore His unexpected blessings. Our theme verse is Ezekiel 34:26b: “And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing.” We will talk about loaves and fishes, a reluctant queen, and a guy in prison. Join us as we examine what’s in the box!
When & Where
April 16 - April 17
Registration is now open.
The Katie is an annual conference for pastors' wives and widows, and vicars' and deacons' wives.
Registered attendees: be sure to watch your mail for a special retreat box with items you will need for the virtual conference.
Please register early to ensure that there is enough time for the box to arrive!
Counseling Sessions - Cheryl Spaulding still offers virtual counseling sessions. You can contact her for details at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheryl has provided counseling sessions at past in-person conferences. We are thankful for her ministry to pastors' wives. You can learn more at morningstarministries.net Cheryl is also planning her own fall retreat (November 5-7, 2021); there will be full scholarships available for pastors' wives.
This year, we at the Katie Conference are honored to partner with Elli’s House, an amazing nonprofit serving homeless and runaway women involved in human trafficking in the city of Detroit. The mission of Elli’s House is to abolish sex trafficking in the city of Detroit through building relationships, offering safe shelter, and providing education. You can find out more about Elli’s House here:
There are many ways you can help!
- Deb is looking for people to partner with her residents and friends on the streets as official ‘Friends of Elli’s House.’ The partnership is a one-year commitment that includes:
- Writing letters
- Gifts at Christmas and birthdays
The residents and friends will also commit to praying for you and Deb will encourage them to write you letters, as well. The communication will remain confidential–you will send your letters/emails/gifts to Deb, and she will distribute them to your friend.
If you’re interested in this very personal and impactful ministry, email Amy Blythe at email@example.com.
- If you’d like to give money or supplies to Elli’s House, you can do either or both of the following:
If you have any additional questions, please contact Amy Blythe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The Katie” Goals and Objectives
- Provide a safe, comfortable time of refreshment and encouragement that encompasses laughter and enjoyment with one another.
- Foster spiritual growth through intentional Bible study and relevant speakers.
- Provide a rich atmosphere for relationship development and support using relational strategies, games, and opportunities for interaction.
- Identify the tensions and challenges that are unique to the role of a pastor’s wife by providing opportunities for conversation and individual support.