Do you find yourself rushing from one appointment to the next and even getting irritated at having to wait at a red light? Do you think you have to get everything finished on your to-do list before you can sit down and be still for a few minutes? When was the last time you stopped and took 3 deep cleansing breaths? How are you doing at expressing gratitude?
Join us as we explore what it looks like to have extended times to pause and enjoy Sabbath rest. We will learn the art of taking deep breaths and discover the benefits of breathing with intentionality and will remind one another of what changes when we express appreciation and gratitude.
There will be time for personal reflection and small-group discussion. You will leave with a practical plan in place to live out what was learned.
Sessions will include:
- Session 1: Pause: Permission to Rest
- Session 2: Breathe: God’s Amazing Design
- Session 3: Appreciate: The Gift of Gratitude
- Session 4: Now What? A Plan Moving Forward
When & Where
April 12 - April 14DoubleTree by Hilton Bay City – Riverfront
One Wenonah Park Place
Bay City, MI, 48708
Registration is now open.
Deadline to register is March 20, 2024.
2 Night Conference Rate (Two nights lodging, four meals)
- Single Occupancy $330
- Double Occupancy $217
- Triple Occupancy $180
- Quad Occupancy $161
1 Night Conference Rate - available for either Friday or Saturday (One night lodging, three meals)
- Single Occupancy $198
- Double Occupancy $142
- Triple Occupancy $123
- Quad Occupancy $113
- $98 All Meals
- $60 Saturday Lunch and Dinner
- $25 Saturday Lunch only
Free Time Activity -
We are offering several free time activities this year:
- Card Project (see Additional Information below). This is limited to 25 people so please indicate if you would like to participate on your registration.
- Mat Making - Please indicate participation on registration.
- Cardio Drumming - Please indicate participation on registration. This is limited to 30 people.
We are also offering Counseling this year. Please see below for more information and sign ups.
In support of the Michigan District Critical Targets, specifically Great Compassion Ministry, The Katie 2024 has partnered with Wellspring Lutheran Services and Birth Brite Foster Closet.
There will be a donation box outside of the Grand Ballroom Salon AB to place items or you can ship items directly to them via their Amazon Wish Lists.
Wellspring Wish List includes: Diapers, diaper wipes, toiletries, cleaning products, and gift cards are the biggest priorities to best support our at-risk families which include foster care.
Birth Brite Foster Closet Wish List – Amazon Wish List.
Free Time Activities
Craft Project: Cross Craft
Our craft project this year will be a beautiful, layered cross that can be sent to a friend or displayed on a shelf. Our time in class will be spent cutting out the crosses and assembling the card. The cutting will be fine, detailed cutting so please bring your reading glasses if you need them. All supplies and scissors will be provided, but if you have a favorite pair of detail scissors you are welcome to bring those.
Space is limited to the first 25 registrations. Please indicate if you’d like to participate on your online registration submission.
Mats for the Homeless – We will learn how to crochet plastic mats for the homeless. Please indicate if you’d like to participate on your online registration submission.
Pam will have all materials needed set up for anyone who would like to learn or do any part of the process during breaks or crocheting while listening to presentations. During the Saturday free time, she will teach how to do all the parts, from cutting plastic bags to tying them into plarn (plastic yarn), to actually crocheting the mats. Several people who had never picked up a crochet hook before have learned in just a few minutes. Completed mats will be delivered to missions in Pontiac or Flint or wherever someone knows they are needed.
Cardio Drumming – 45-minute class – This has limited spots available. Please indicate if you’d like to participate on your online registration submission.
Counseling appointments (45-minutes each) will be available during the conference by licensed counselor Cheryl Spaulding. You can sign up for a time slot here.
We are pleased to offer scholarships again this year! If you are in need of scholarship assistance, please contact Debbie Cameron at the District Office.
ALL first-time attendees will receive a $50 scholarship thanks to a generous grant from the Church Extension Fund of the Michigan District, LCMS if registered by March 20, 2024.
Widows will receive $50 off if registered by March 20, 2024.
- Doubletree – Riverfront Grille and Lounge
- Lunch/Dinner Menu
- Located on the first floor across from hotel lobby
- Downtown Bay City Dining Options
Church Extension Fund of the Michigan District
Michigan District, LCMS
Tri Star Trust Bank
The Katie Goals and Objectives
- Provide a safe, comfortable time of refreshment and encouragement that encompasses laughter and enjoyment with one another.
- Foster spiritual growth through intentional Bible study and relevant speakers.
- Provide a rich atmosphere for relationship development and support using relational strategies, games, and opportunities for interaction.
- Identify the tensions and challenges that are unique to the role of a pastor’s wife by providing opportunities for conversation and individual support.