As Lutheran Christians, we hold onto the doctrine of Jesus as True God and True Man as it is clearly outlined in Scripture. This spiritual concept lies at the center of our discussion for The Katie 2023. When we recognize Jesus as the very definition of truth, we are better able to grasp our own true identity as people created, saved, and sanctified by the Living God. That understanding colors first our relationship with God and then with each other. And may even have an impact on our relationship with ourselves. True God/True Man/True You will lean primarily upon the Gospel of John for instruction, insight, and challenge as together we dive even deeper into our relationship with the Lord.
When & Where
April 21 - April 23DoubleTree by Hilton Bay City – Riverfront
One Wenonah Park Place
Bay City, MI, 48708
Registration is now open.
Deadline to register is March 27, 2023.
2 Night Conference Rate (Two nights lodging, four meals)
- Single Occupancy $330
- Double Occupancy $217
- Triple Occupancy $180
- Quad Occupancy $161
1 Night Conference Rate - available for either Friday or Saturday (One night lodging, three meals)
- Single Occupancy $198
- Double Occupancy $142
- Triple Occupancy $123
- Quad Occupancy $113
- $98 All Meals
- $60 Saturday Lunch and Dinner
- $25 Saturday Lunch only
Free Time Activity -
We are offering two free time activities
- Card Project (see Additional Information below). This is limited to 25 people so please indicate if you would like to participate on your registration.
- Mat Making - Please indicate participation on registration.
In support of the Michigan District Critical Targets, specifically Great Compassion Ministry, The Katie 2023 has partnered with the Redeemer, Interlochen Baby Pantry and The Luke Clinic
There will be a donation box outside of the Grand Ballroom Salon AB to place items or you can ship items directly to them via their Amazon Wish Lists.
Free Time Activities
Craft Project: Iris Folding – Affirmation Cards
Our craft project this year will be greeting cards to send to the women in our lives. Just as each woman is unique, a variety of colors and textures will be available to create a “dress” specifically designed for the recipient. An assortment of affirming scriptures and messages will also be available to choose from, or you can write your own personal note. If you have never tried iris folding, don’t worry. While it looks complicated, it is really easy (but you don’t have to let your friend know that)!
Space is limited to the first 25 registrations. Please indicate if you’d like to participate on your online registration submission.
Mats for the Homeless – Please indicate if you’d like to participate on your online registration submission.
We are pleased to offer scholarships again this year! If you are in need of scholarship assistance, please contact Debbie Hughes at the District Office.
ALL first-time attendees will receive a $50 scholarship thanks to a generous grant from the Church Extension Fund of the Michigan District, LCMS.
Widows will receive $50 off if registered by March 27, 2023.
Counseling appointments (45 minutes each) will be available during the conference by licensed counselor Cheryl Spaulding. Sign up for a session today! Counseling Sign Up Form
- Doubletree – Riverfront Grille and Lounge
- Lunch/Dinner Menu
- Located on the first floor across from hotel lobby
- Downtown Bay City Dining Options
A note regarding the COVID-19 pandemic: If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID prior to arrival, please stay home. The Michigan District will follow any mask mandates by the MDHHS, local health departments, or venues that are in place at the time of an event or conference.
The Katie Goals and Objectives
- Provide a safe, comfortable time of refreshment and encouragement that encompasses laughter and enjoyment with one another.
- Foster spiritual growth through intentional Bible study and relevant speakers.
- Provide a rich atmosphere for relationship development and support using relational strategies, games, and opportunities for interaction.
- Identify the tensions and challenges that are unique to the role of a pastor’s wife by providing opportunities for conversation and individual support.