The Church has a more defined role to play in the present racial unrest. The unrest has exposed prejudices and biases which are exhibited in many ways. The Gospel-confessing Church—pictured by Jesus in Matthew 5:14, “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden” (ESV)—has the privilege and responsibility of pushing forward with all the members of the body of Christ to educate about, and work to heal, the racial injustices that exist in society and, because we are sinners, in the Church as well. Join us on October 15 to learn together more about being a light to the world as we move forward in these tenuous times, praying for—and working towards—racial healing.
Please note: those who choose to attend this conference in person are required to wear a mask and adhere to proper social distancing protocols.
In the event we are unable to hold events with up to 50 people or more, we will look to gather either by circuits or all attend virtually. All registered attendees will receive the live stream link in the “Before You Go” email.
CEU’s are available for this conference. Download the CEU Form, complete, and send to Concordia Seminary.
When & Where
October 15 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Registration is now open.
This Conference will be FREE for all attendees; however, registration is required.
Church workers of the Michigan District will receive three free books If you register by September 15, 2020:
- One Nation under God: Healing Racial Divides in America | Haney
- Restoring Civility: Lessons from the Master: Your Path to Rediscover Respect | Hunter & Swank
- Christians in the Age of Outrage: How to Bring Our Best When the World Is at Its Worst | Stetzer
Conference Satellite Locations *Number of attendees at each location will be limited so please register early to ensure receiving your first choice. In the event we are not able to gather, all registered attendees will receive the live stream link in an email.
- Faith, Troy - Live Host Site - The conference will be recorded live at this location.
- Concordia University Ann Arbor (Student Mentor) - Concordia is looking for 20 pastors who are willing to serve as mentors for the day for Pre-Seminary students. If you are willing to serve in this way please sign up to attend at Concordia (Student Mentor). You will attend the conference on campus and will be paired with a student. (Social Distancing will still be applied.)
- St. Luke, Ann Arbor
- Cross of Christ, Bloomfield Hills
- St. Thomas, Eastpointe
- Mount Hope, Grayling
- Redeemer, Interlochen
- Holy Cross, Jenison
- Our Savior, Lansing
- St. Michael, Portage
- Faith, Port Huron
- Immanuel, Sebewaing
- St. Paul, Trenton
- Virtual (from your home)