Lutherans! Let’s love on Detroit!
The week of June 23-29 is going to be one of the busiest for Camp Restore Detroit (CRD) this summer. The Michigan District is helping recruit hundreds of volunteers to serve in all the areas that are asking for the camp’s assistance.
Are you interested in a mission trip but do not want to travel far? At CRD, there are opportunities for all ages to serve in VBS, one sports camp, construction, and urban blight clean-up. You can restore hope in Detroit’s 9th Precinct by serving individually, as a family, or as a church group! CRD’s mission is to demonstrate Christian Hope while working together to restore the Detroit Community. Campers have found that joining the CRD community in service is rewarding in many ways.
Campers can stay overnight in dormitory-like housing or commute. You can work one or more days or all week–whatever works best for you!
We still need 35 volunteers for our VBS/Sports Camps!
When & Where
June 23, 2019 - June 29, 2019Camp Restore-Detroit
17100 Chalmers St
Detroit, MI, 48205
The Big Week is coming quickly! 35 more volunteers are still needed in order to fulfill the camp's commitment to the community.
Here is some exciting news regarding registration costs: Camp Restore Detroit is stepping out in faith and simply relying on donations from its volunteers. Please consider joining CRD for an amazing week June 23-29!
The original costs were:
- Weekly Camper $240/person (includes six nights and all meals).
- Commuters $15/day (includes lunch).
- Children under 12 are free (ratio 1 adult per child).
We trust that God will provide the donations for each of our volunteers. Please give as you are led.
Without our volunteers, these ministries cannot happen.
For more information, contact Amy Fanta at 586.764.2285.
Goals and Objectives of The BIG Week
- To collaborate with our LCMS partners, providing the hands they need to accomplish their ministry goals and share God’s love in their children’s ministries.
- To collaborate with our community, providing the hands to accomplish projects that make our community safer and more livable, inspiring hope for a better future and building relationships.
- To build relationships that will open doors to sharing the Gospel.
- To draw in sister congregations, building lasting partnerships and relationships.