Lutherans! Let’s love on Detroit!
The week of June 23-29 is going to be one of the busiest for Camp Restore Detroit (CRD) this summer. The Michigan District is helping recruit hundreds of volunteers to serve in all the areas that are asking for the camp’s assistance.
Are you interested in a mission trip but do not want to travel far? At CRD, there are opportunities for all ages to serve in VBS, one sports camp, construction, and urban blight clean-up. You can restore hope in Detroit’s 9th Precinct by serving individually, as a family, or as a church group! CRD’s mission is to demonstrate Christian Hope while working together to restore the Detroit Community. Campers have found that joining the CRD community in service is rewarding in many ways.
Campers can stay overnight in dormitory-like housing or commute. You can work one or more days or all week–whatever works best for you!
When & Where
June 23 - June 29Camp Restore-Detroit
17100 Chalmers St
Detroit, MI, 48205
- $240/person (includes six nights and all meals). A $100 deposit holds your group’s spot!
- Commuters pay $15/day (includes lunch).
- Children under 12 are free (ratio 1 adult per child).
Book soon, as prices go up on May 15.
For more information, contact Amy Fanta at 586.764.2285.
$240/person covers six nights’ lodging and includes all meals. A $100 deposit holds your group’s spot.
Cost includes lunch
Children Under 12
Ratio 1 adult per child
Goals and Objectives of The BIG Week
- To collaborate with our LCMS partners, providing the hands they need to accomplish their ministry goals and share God’s love in their children’s ministries.
- To collaborate with our community, providing the hands to accomplish projects that make our community safer and more livable, inspiring hope for a better future and building relationships.
- To build relationships that will open doors to sharing the Gospel.
- To draw in sister congregations, building lasting partnerships and relationships.