Lutherans! Let’s love on Detroit!
The week of June 21-27, 2020, is going to be one of the busiest for Camp Restore Detroit next summer. The Michigan District is recruiting 100+ volunteers to serve in all areas that are asking for Camp Restore Detroit’s assistance.
“For me, this was a great week where I was able to show God’s love to the people of Detroit. I have been touched by everyone at CRD as well as the people I served … I was able to see God’s hand at work … it was truly an experience that I will treasure and I will come back to help further God’s work in Detroit.” – Young Adult Volunteer
Are you interested in a mission trip but do not want to travel far? Do you hear about service projects or mission trips and think “I’m too old, I can’t do anything to help them? Think again!! No matter what age you are, God can use you to restore hope in Detroit’s 9th Precinct!
We need YOU for THE BIG WEEK 2020 at Camp Restore Detroit! Over 100 volunteers of all ages, skills, and abilities are needed to fill volunteer positions in Vacation Bible schools, an A2E Sports Camp, construction, blight removal, and more!
Campers can stay overnight in dormitory-like housing or commute. You can work one or more days or all week–whatever works best for you!
When & Where
June 21 - June 27Camp Restore-Detroit
17100 Chalmers St
Detroit, MI, 48205
- Full Page Flyer – pdf file
- Half Sheet Flyer – pdf file
- Announcement Slide for Powerpoints/Screen Projection – Standard Size (4:3)
- Announcement Slide for Powerpoints/Screen Projection – Wide Screen (16×9)
- Camp Restore FAQs
- Promo Video:
Goals and Objectives of The BIG Week
- To collaborate with our LCMS partners, providing the hands they need to accomplish their ministry goals and share God’s love in their children’s ministries.
- To collaborate with our community, providing the hands to accomplish projects that make our community safer and more livable, inspiring hope for a better future and building relationships.
- To build relationships that will open doors to sharing the Gospel.
- To draw in sister congregations, building lasting partnerships and relationships.