West Pastors Conference 2023 – Insights for Preaching on Justification– Playlist
**To view all videos from this conference, click on the upper right corner of the image above and choose from the playlist**
While justification is a central doctrine of our Lutheran faith, it is not always an easy subject to preach. Helping our hearers understand justification and its importance can be difficult. Rev. Dr. Mark Seifrid will lead a study on Romans 1–8 in order to provide you with new and useful insights that you may bring to your sermon preparation for the summer of 2023.
- Opening Worship Service Message – Rev. David A. Davis
- Session 1: What you Need to Know about Romans: An Overview – Rev. Dr. Mark Seifrid
- Session 2: The Turn to Christ –Rev. Dr. Mark Seifrid
- Session 3: Baptism into Christ: The Reality of the New Life – Rev. Dr. Mark Seifrid
- Session 4: The Ongoing Encounter with the Law – Rev. Dr. Mark Seifrid
- Session 5: Life in the Spirit: Suffering and Hope – Rev. Dr. Mark Seifrid
- President’s Report – Rev. David A. Davis
Rev. Dr. Mark Seifrid
Senior Professor of Exegetical Theology | Concordia Seminary, St. Louis
Dr. Mark Seifrid is a senior professor of Exegetical Theology at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, Mo. since 2015. He earned his Ph.D. in New Testament from Princeton Theological Seminary in Princeton, N.J. (1990) and both his M.Div. and an M.A. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Ill. (1984). He taught New Testament interpretation at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky., for more than two decades. He has published major works on justification in the New Testament and a commentary on 2 Corinthians, as well as numerous articles on Pauline theology and the doctrine of justification. His hobbies include running, water sports, cycling, cross-country skiing, and the German language and literature. He is married to Janice.