The following are documents provided by Concordia Plan Services on Health and Wellness during the Covid-19 Pandemic:
Conscientious Objection to Vaccine
The LCMS and the Michigan District do not have a stance on the COVID-19 vaccine. These two resources may be helpful to you in regards to a conscientious objection to the vaccine.
- January 2021 Letter from Rev. Matthew Harrison regarding Covid-19 Vaccines
- The LCMS and COVID-19 Vaccine: Facts and Considerations
Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF)
ADF is getting an unbelievable number of requests for legal advice regarding COVID mandates, far more than we could ever handle. So, they have prepared a summary and FAQ’s about the relevant law – https://adflegal.org/resources/covid19-vaccine-mandate. Please feel free to share this with your members.
The following are additional podcasts, blogs, and other resources.
- Jesus & You … Coping with COVID-19 – Mental Health Livestream Event by Shepherds Gate 9/30/20
- In this video, Michigan District, LCMS Parish Nurse Christie Hansard, RN, BSN covers Covid anxiety, warning signs for trauma and risk factors for children and staff, communication with parents, HIPAA issues, compassion fatigue, Christ-centered self-care, and more. The presentation was originally shared with the school staff at Immanuel, Macomb. (9/11/20)
- Michigan District Mental Health Podcasts – Part 1 | Part 2
- Mental Health During Covid-19 – (blog post transcript of podcast)
- Mental Health Part 2 (blog post – transcript of podcast)
- This is Your Race – (blog post) – An excerpt from the devotional book How Long, O Lord, How Long? written by Dale Kreienkamp for the unemployed and those who love them. “Your life may be changing, but God isn’t. He’s there to love you and help you through the changes along this journey.”
- Suicide Prevention Resources