Jesus rebuked the Sadducees saying, “You are wrong, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God” (Matthew 22:29). The power of God is in His Word: The Word Works.
Come join us for a day of instruction, conversation, and reflection that will enable both you and your congregation to build an ethic of Bible reading.
- What does it take to develop a habit of daily Bible reading?
- How long would it take to read the whole Bible in a year? Is that a good idea?
- What is the point of reading the Old Testament when there is a New Testament?
- What tools and options are there?
- What difference does thorough Bible reading make in our lives and our witness?
Friends, God works through His Word—Jesus, the Word made flesh, and the Word, the Bible, given for us to read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest. Can I capture your imagination? What kind of People of Hope would we be if together we gave ourselves over to reading through the entire Bible in 2023?
Let’s spend a day together and think about it! – President Dave Davis
When & Where
February 4 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pmOur Savior Lutheran Church, Lansing
7910 E. St. Joe Hwy
Lansing, MI, 48917
Online registration is now closed for in-person attendees. Walk-ins are welcome! Please download, print, and complete the form and arrive to the conference early. We cannot guarantee lunch for walk-ins, but will do our best to adjust the lunch count for those who arrive early. - Walk-In Registration Form
Registration is still available for live stream.
Registration Cost (includes boxed lunch):
- $25 General Registration
- $15 Students
- Livestream will be free but you must register to receive the link.
A note regarding the COVID-19 pandemic: If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID prior to arrival, please stay home. The Michigan District will follow any mask mandates by the MDHHS, local health departments, or venues that are in place at the time of an event or conference.