The 2019 National Youth Gathering is upon us! The Michigan District has three offers that your youth can participate in to broaden their experience in Minneapolis!
1. Michigan District T-shirt – Registration CLOSED
We would love to have ALL groups represent our great state by buying and wearing our very own Michigan District NYG T-shirt! Plan to wear them on Sunday, July 14th! That is the day of our Michigan District Event at Concordia University, St. Paul!
2. Bus Package – CLOSED **Please contact Gail Milatz or Randy Bickel if you have any questions.
- The Saginaw Bus Center will provide buses for all those who are in need of transportation to Minneapolis.
- You will be notified of your pickup location and time along the route once it is determined by the bus line.
- The cost is $225 per person (a 10% deposit of $25/person is required at sign-up. Your church will be invoiced for the balance.)
- Departure to the Minneapolis area hotels will be during morning hours on Wednesday, July 10. The return trip to Michigan will be on July 15.
- On the morning of Thursday, July 11, the buses will pick up youth for a trip to the Mall of America. Buses will leave the Mall shortly after lunch and transport the groups to the registration area. They also will provide transportation to other activities (TBA) available before the Opening Mass Event.
- Additionally, on Sunday, July 14, the buses will provide transportation to and from the Michigan District Event at Concordia University St. Paul and drop youth off at the Mass Event afterward.
- Please note! If you are transporting your youth via the bus package, you will need to make hotel reservations for July 10, rather than July 11. You will be responsible for the additional cost.
3. District Event – Registration CLOSED
We are excited to welcome 67 Michigan District congregation to our Minnesota Lumberjack Experience!
It will be on Sunday, July 14; 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The Lumberjack Show includes log rolling, crosscut sawing, and axe throwing. Your youth will be allowed to give these activities a try! There will also be wall climbing and live music. There will also be a Taste of Minnesota dinner. The menu includes:pulled chicken sandwich, walleye sandwich, veggie burger, corn roast, wild rice salad (cold), watermelon, tater tot bar, snicker salad, ice cream, and strawberry shortcake. Please note: Special dietary options will be available and clearly marked.
The event will take place on the campus of Concordia University St. Paul; 1282 Concordia Ave; St. Paul, MN 55104. For those using the District Bus package, transportation to the District event is included. For those who are not, a Green Line Metro Transit Station is situated close to Concordia St. Paul. Hosts from Concordia will greet visitors arriving via the Green Line and lead you back to the campus.
If you purchased a Michigan District/NYG shirt, be sure to wear it to this event!!!
We are beyond excited to see you all in Minneapolis!!!
Please direct your questions to Randy Bickel, NYG Michigan District Coordinator – 989.624.9204.
For more information or to register to attend the National Youth Gathering visit: www.lcmsgathering.com.
When & Where
July 11 - July 15
Registration is now closed.