If you subscribe to the Michigan District, LCMS enews, you may have noticed a countdown to the end of the Here We Stand Campaign (HWS) culminating on December 31. However, that was a “soft” closing: the HWS campaign’s final report will now be given at Convention in June of 2022, one year later than originally planned. That is good news, as these six additional months mean we can still reach the $10 million goal to provide for Michigan District ministry through the four campaign initiatives.
The HWS Campaign currently stands at $9,145,863 million in gifts, pledges, and goals. Each of the campaign initiatives has surpassed $1 million, and we praise God for His rich blessings! Here is a breakdown of the initiatives, showing how much has been raised so far:
- Professional Church Worker Scholarships – $1.64 million of $3 million goal to date.
- Innovative Missional Ministry – $3.96 million to date, surpassing the goal of $3 million.
- Michigan District Endowment – $1.29 million of $3 million goal to date.
- International Ministries – $2.18 million, surpassing its goal of $1 million.
- Individual donors in the Michigan District have gifted nearly $6.9 million, and congregational giving has surpassed $2.2 million.
- 50.6% (178) congregations of the Michigan district have participated to date.
- The Michigan District Church Extension Fund has provided matching gifts totaling $800,000 to date. We are grateful for the wonderful partnership we share with our colleagues in ministry at CEF.
With the campaign remaining open until Convention in 2022, congregations and individuals who would still like to become participants will have the opportunity to do so. As additional monies are raised, Professional Church Worker Scholarships will continue to be given in future years, additional Innovative Missional Ministries will have opportunities to launch, and our support of Michigan District missionaries deployed around the world and other International Ministries will continue. Beyond this, our Endowment Fund may also continue to grow some, which is vital to future ministry growth and support.
Together, we can finish strong! Visit herewestand.michigandistrict.org to contribute.
Photo © ssuaphoto/iStock