Retreat Centers & Ministries
LCMS Recognized Service Organizations
- Grace Place Lutheran Wellness Ministries – A retreat and lifestyle program offering integrated health attitudes and skills to Professional Church Workers of the LCMS and their spouses. Reimbursement Form – PDF
- Shepherd’s Canyon Retreat – offers week-long counseling retreats for men and women in ministry crisis.
Prayer Walk Guide – PDF File
- As you walk around your neighborhood or a local park, you have an opportunity to take in all the natural beauty our Lord has blessed you with this day and lift up prayers.
This is a free, one-day (9am-3pm) conference for church workers and their spouses led by the Michigan District leadership and hosted by a congregation in the District that occurs every other year.
- The next conference occurs on March 2, 2024 at Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Flushing, MI. Registration will open in November
Camp Arcadia – https://camp-arcadia.com/
- Camp Arcadia provides a Christ-filled setting for families, individuals and staff to connect with Christ and others amid the beauty of God’s creation. Through vacation and retreat experiences at Camp, we are renewed in spirit, mind, and body and are inspired to share the love of Christ in our lives, families, and communities.
Camp Concordia – https://www.campconcordia.org/
- Camp Concordia exists to provide opportunities for children, youth and their families to encounter Christ in the midst of God’s creation: Enriching Body and Soul and resulting in strong missional skills and actions.
Camp Lutherhaven – https://lutherhaven.org/
- Camp Lutherhaven is a year-round outdoor ministry center that since 1949 has been dedicated to creating adventurous, faith-building experiences for children, youth, adults, and families. Our carefully chosen staff, along with a program that includes recreation, God’s Word, group activities, Christian fellowship, worship, personal growth, and of course tons of fun, combine to create an unforgettable experience.
Good Friends Ministries – https://www.goodfriendministries.org/
- Retreat facilities are provided by Luke and Faye Pickelman at their Grey Hare Inn on the Old Mission Peninsula, a short drive north of downtown Traverse City on Highway 37. It was their vision to establish Good Friend Ministries, a 501c3 ministry and Recognized Service Organization of the LCMS, to serve the pastors of the Michigan District, their spouses and families.
Let’s Talk it Over: Ten Conversations on Supporting Church Workers
- A DVD with vignettes, discussion questions and Bible study helps that will spark heathly conversations between congregations and their workers. For more information contact: LCMS World Relief and Human Care | 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122 | Judy Ladage
Holding Up The Prophet’s Hands
- Webinar – Holding Up The Prophets’ Hands 202
The Michigan District, LCMS held a webinar on March 28, 2014, as a follow-up to a conference held in 2012. You can view that conference YouTube playlist for the three sessions led by Dr. Bruce Hartung. The webinar was entitled “Holding Up The Prophet’s Hands 202” and is available to view on YouTube here.
- Ministerial Care Coalition 866.726.5267 (Resources and support for pastors)
- www.lcms.org/how-we-serve/mercy/church-worker-wellness (LCMS Resources, Bible Studies for church workers on depression & compassion fatigue etc.)
- addictionresource.com (Resources related to multiple forms of addiction)
- lookupindiana.org (Resources for church workers on depression and anxiety etc.)
- www.aorhope.org (Ambassadors of Reconciliation – for healing relationships)
- www.doxology.us (The Lutheran Center for Spiritual Care and Counsel – provides a safe environment for clergy to reflect on their own spiritual and emotional health and enhance their professional competencies)
- holymanners.org/?_nozc_=1 (intentionally cultivating healthy Christ-centered relationships where you live, serve and worship)
- www.lutheranhour.org (Encourages and supports you as you respond to God’s call to action, from the radio ministry, The Lutheran Hour, to resources for discipleship and outreach: evangelism training events and resources; opportunities for hands-on international outreach; resource media and materials for men’s ministry; mission resources for children and schools; and much more.)
- www.careleader.org (Pastoral Care resources like Divorce Care and Grief Share)
- runhardrestwell.org (Run Hard Rest Well – Equipping people with a pace and passion for work and rest that is transformative and sustainable)
- www.wellspringlutheran.com (Wellspring Lutheran Services – engaging people as they experience and embrace their God-given potential, toward changed lives, strong families, and transformed communities.)