Retreat Centers & Ministries
LCMS Recognized Service Organizations
- Grace Place Lutheran Wellness Ministries – A retreat and lifestyle program offering integrated health attitudes and skills to Professional Church Workers of the LCMS and their spouses. Reimbursement Form – PDF
- Shepherd’s Canyon Retreat – offers week-long counseling retreats for men and women in ministry crisis.
Prayer Walk Guide – PDF File
- As you walk around your neighborhood or a local park, you have an opportunity to take in all the natural beauty our Lord has blessed you with this day and lift up prayers.
Let’s Talk it Over: Ten Conversations on Supporting Church Workers
- A DVD with vignettes, discussion questions and Bible study helps that will spark heathly conversations between congregations and their workers. For more information contact: LCMS World Relief and Human Care | 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO 63122 | Judy Ladage
Holding Up The Prophet’s Hands
- Webinar – Holding Up The Prophets’ Hands 202
The Michigan District, LCMS held a webinar on March 28, 2014, as a follow-up to a conference held in 2012. You can view that conference YouTube playlist for the three sessions led by Dr. Bruce Hartung. The webinar was entitled “Holding Up The Prophet’s Hands 202” and is available to view on YouTube here.
- Ministerial Care Coalition 866.726.5267 (Resources and support for pastors)
- www.lcms.org/how-we-serve/mercy/church-worker-wellness (LCMS Resources, Bible Studies for church workers on depression & compassion fatigue etc.)
- addictionresource.com (Resources related to multiple forms of addiction)
- lookupindiana.org (Resources for church workers on depression and anxiety etc.)
- www.aorhope.org (Ambassadors of Reconciliation – for healing relationships)
- www.doxology.us (The Lutheran Center for Spiritual Care and Counsel – provides a safe environment for clergy to reflect on their own spiritual and emotional health and enhance their professional competencies)
- holymanners.org/?_nozc_=1 (intentionally cultivating healthy Christ-centered relationships where you live, serve and worship)
- www.lutheranhour.org (Encourages and supports you as you respond to God’s call to action, from the radio ministry, The Lutheran Hour, to resources for discipleship and outreach: evangelism training events and resources; opportunities for hands-on international outreach; resource media and materials for men’s ministry; mission resources for children and schools; and much more.)
- www.careleader.org (Pastoral Care resources like Divorce Care and Grief Share)
- runhardrestwell.org (Run Hard Rest Well – Equipping people with a pace and passion for work and rest that is transformative and sustainable)
- www.wellspringlutheran.com (Wellspring Lutheran Services – engaging people as they experience and embrace their God-given potential, toward changed lives, strong families, and transformed communities.)