The Michigan District understands the unique role of the wife of a pastor, deacon, and vicar, and seeks to support, encourage, and uplift her. This is done by offering a number of opportunities for ministry wives to connect with each other.
Opportunities to connect
- The Katie — an annual conference for wives and widows of a pastor, deacon, and vicar. Join with women who have much in common for a weekend of laughter, worship, prayer, and play. The atmosphere is genial, uplifting, and designed to leave you encouraged, reconnected, and blessed with new insights, new friends, and new energy!
- Facebook Group — For wives and widows of pastors, vicars, and deacons. Join the conversation and view photo galleries.
- The New Church Worker Conference welcomes workers and their spouses that are new to the District each fall.
- Every year in the fall, wives are invited to attend the All Pastors’ Conference with their husbands. You are encouraged to enjoy the entire conference which includes the speakers, a luncheon just for wives, activities, and evening fellowship.
- In the spring, wives are encouraged to join their husbands at Regional Pastors’ Conferences. Rest, relax, listen to speakers, and enjoy the time with your spouse.
- The Emeriti Conference is another opportunity for husbands and wives of the District.
- Women’s Retreats at Camp Arcadia, which are open to all Christian women, are another opportunity to connect and be refreshed.
- Sign up to receive the Michigan District Weekly Newsletter so you’re in the know about upcoming conferences;
- Look up the circuit roster (pages 1-5 of Workbook I) to see who else is in your circuit;
- Find a counselor for emotional and/or mental health support;
- Receive encouragement from the following sources: heidigoehmann.com/ (a blog by Deaconess Heidi Goehmann); Devos365 (a blog by Director of Christian Education Carolyn Bira); breathelifetoday.com (a ministry of Steve and Jamie Wiechman); and Visual Faith Ministry.
If you have questions regarding District Events, contact Debbie Hughes, Events Coordinator.
For all other inquiries, contact Pat Maier.