Critical Targets, Outcomes, and Indicators
Critical Targets and Outcomes approved at the May, 2013 Board meeting.
Indicators approved at the August, 2013 Board meeting.
GREAT COMMISSION MINISTRY:
Being People of Hope, Michigan District congregations and ministries will share the Good News of Jesus with people who do not know him.
- All church workers are encouraged and equipped to teach, exemplify and carry out the Great Commission in their local community and beyond.
- Michigan District congregations and ministries are becoming increasingly aware of their community and context for ministry.
- An increasing number of congregations and ministries are designing, implementing, and regularly updating their individualized strategy for outreach.
- Michigan District congregations and ministries are encouraged and supported as they develop and initiate new ministries to reach new people with the Gospel.
- An increasing number of congregations and ministries are utilizing outreach resources accessed through the District for reaching the unchurched.
- The Michigan District – its congregations and ministries – are experiencing an annual increase in the number of baptisms and confirmations.
GREAT COMPASSION MINISTRY:
Being People of Hope, Michigan District congregations and ministries will seek out and compassionately attend to people in need.
- Michigan District congregations and ministries collaborate with other organizations in their region in mercy and mental health ministries.
- Michigan District congregations and ministries are serving an increasing number of people in need in their local community.
- Michigan District congregations are encouraged and supported to intentionally collaborate with Wellspring Lutheran Services to initiate caring ministries for adoption, foster care, elder care, etc.
- Michigan District congregations and ministries seek out opportunities to show the love of Christ beyond their communities.
- Michigan District congregations and ministries engaged in meaningful and impactful compassionate community ministry are highlighted as examples for other congregations.
Being People of Hope, Michigan District congregations have Christ-centered ministries, loving and joyful atmospheres, and sustainable organizational systems.
- Michigan District congregations are developing intentional prayer and Bible reading strategies as well as ministries for individual and corporate needs.
- Michigan District congregations have vibrant, impactful ministries that utilize the gifts God has given them and are attractive and accessible to the community.
- An increasing number of congregations will have a long-term financial strategy for sustainable ministry.
- Michigan District congregations regularly examine the health of their unique congregational system and seek assistance to initiate measurable healthy changes to their system.
- Michigan District congregations respect and support their professional and lay workers, utilizing the District ethics documents and compensation guide.
HEALTHY CHURCH WORKERS:
Being People of Hope, Michigan District church workers have Christ-centered lives, loving and joyful spirits, and stable family and professional systems.
- Professional church workers are well informed of resources available for assistance in a time of need or emergency.
- Michigan District congregations and ministries prioritize professional development and healthy lifestyle training opportunities for their workers by structuring them into the calendar year.
- Church workers faithfully participate in circuit and district professional gatherings (such as circuit pastor/worker meetings, district conferences, conventions, etc.).
- Church workers grow spiritually and professionally through continuing education.
- Church workers live and work in such a way that they demonstrate God’s love and respect for others, utilizing the District ethics documents.
- Married professional church workers demonstrate the importance of their spouse by strengthening mutual love, respect, and encouragement.